I'm just starting to look into low watt Solar Panels as 20w solar panel
for my house and would love some advice.
We're going to be in our house for many years and want to get solar panels to reduce our electricity bills (they are about $380 per quarter), and, if possible, make some money back in the future.
- We use about 16.5KwH per day.
- We live in Melbourne
- We have small kids at kinder and during most days, there's no one home
- Our roof is pitched and faces East and West
- We are looking at 2kw or 3kw systems
- We will connect it to the grid
- We have a smart meter that will need reconfiguring for solar
We have got three quotes so far:
- AGL 3.0KW use 12 * EE-250w panels
- Energy Matters 3.185KW use 13 * REC245PE-BLK panels
- NU Energy 3.12KW use 12 * SL260CE-48M panels
Does anyone have any experience with any of these retailers or panels?
Which side of the roof should we install on?
Should we opt for Gross or Net Feed In? (Do we have a choice in VIC?)
What else should we be aware of?